Comment here and repost a blank one on your own journal.
And considering I recently came back from a two-year hiatus from LJ, it'd be nice to get to know my flist a little better. :) Don't ask me why it's 36 questions, though. That's just how the meme goes.
Here are the questions:
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite vegetable?
06) What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it?
07) What zodiac sign are you?
08) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe in/appreciate romance?
34) Favourite and least favourite food?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
So that I don't have to keep providing answers to everyone who decides to follow through on #36, here are my answers as posted to the person I ganked this from. If you want me to customize #10, 13, 17, and 18 to you, however, I will be glad to. :)
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship? Yep, been married for over 6 years and together for almost 11 years, and we have a six-month-old daughter. :)
02) What was your dream growing up? I can't think of a singular dream that categorized my entire childhood, but at various times, I wanted my basset hound to live forever, to become an actress (me, not the basset hound!), and to be a panda bear (again, me, not the basset hound -- this was when I was, like, 3 years old).
03) What talent do you wish you had? I wish I had a pop/rock type of voice. I can sing, but I'm best suited to choral/opera/sacred/Broadway stuff.
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be? Well, I'm breastfeeding right now, so I couldn't down an entire alcoholic beverage (although if I could, it'd probably be just wine, or maybe a toasted almond). But I'd gladly accept a lemonade or some iced sweet tea (I might be a bad girl and go for the caffeinated variety -- no, I'm not a Mormon; again, I'm breastfeeding!!!).
05) Favorite vegetable? Either kongxin cai (Chinese watercress) or...maybe some sort of squash (acorn, maybe)? Or eggplant? Perhaps arugula? I love veggies; it's too hard to pick just one. Hmm, but if I had to choose, I think I'd go with cherry tomatoes from the local farmer's market in the summer. OMG SO SWEET!
06) What was the last book you read? Would you recommend it? AHAHAHAHAHA That would be Breaking Dawn. HELL NO! Unless you want to read it for the lulz, in which case, HELL YES!
07) What zodiac sign are you? Aquarius and Pisces. I was born on the cusp. And I'm a snake in the Chinese zodiac, but barely -- I missed the cutoff for dragon by a day or two.
08) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where. Five piercings: two on each earlobe and one cartilage piercing up at the top of my left ear. I considered doing a navel piercing for a while, but never ended up getting one, and now that I'm doing the whole having-babies thang, I probably won't ever get one. Eh, no great loss.
09) Worst habit? Chewing on my tongue. Not in an "OM NOM NOM" sort of way, though, but just lightly.
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride? I dunno -- do you look like a deranged psycho who might kill me? If so, keep walkin', sista! And I don't typically offer rides to random people walking down the street. Most of them are walking because they want to walk! What a strange question!
11) What is your favorite sport? Heh. I'm so unsporty. But I like to watch baseball (if the Red Sox are playing) and Olympic gymnastics and figure skating. If I had to play a sport...um...bowling? Yeah. I'm really not sporty.
12) Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude? Despite my snarky writing style, I'm a total optimist! My glass isn't half-full; it's overflowing! :D
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me? What I would do if stuck in an elevator with almost anyone: Figure out whose cell phone has reception and then call for help! And then I suppose we could chat about fandom and whatever else came up while we waited....
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you? Each time I've had to be there while we euthanized a dying family pet. :(
15) Tell me one weird fact about you. I'm not Cambodian, but I did traditional and folk Cambodian dancing for four years.
16) Do you have any pets? A dog and a cat.
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly? Uh...that would be a bit bizarre. Especially since you're not even in the US! And don't know where I live! LOL, these questions don't suit certain LJ relationships. XD
18) What was your first impression of me? Jeez, TBH, I don't remember! I think I met you through one of McTabby's Friending Frenzies, maybe? Anyway, I must have thought you were cool and interesting, or else I wouldn't have friended you! :)
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary? Goofy. And sometimes scary.
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be? I'd shrink the hell out of my boobs. Being a 34H SUCKS! Hopefully, they will go down after I wean my daughter!
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience? If you were doing real crime, your conscience. If you were messing around and being goofy, I'd be your partner in crime.
22) What color eyes do you have? Green.
23) Ever been arrested? No, although when I got pulled over last year for speeding (the only time I've ever been pulled over - KNOCK ON WOOD!), the cop threatened to arrest me. But that was just because he was being a total dick. He ended up letting me go with just a warning.
24) Bottle or can soda? Oh, if I have the choice, BOTTLE ALL THE WAY.
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it? Pay off some of my credit cards. Unfortunately, $10,000 wouldn't cover them all. :(
26) Where, oh where, is question 26? Not included in the meme! What do you have against multiples of 13, meme???
27) What's your favorite place to hang out at? The Interwebs, HAHA. And RLwise, well, you don't really hang out much when you have small children. But my husband and I do go to Starbucks sometimes and just chill and Netsurf.
28) Do you believe in ghosts? No. I need to see things to believe them.
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time? LOL, Internet.
30) Do you swear a lot? Yep, like a sailor!
31) Biggest pet peeve? Asshattery. And when my husband doesn't listen to me, but also doesn't warn me beforehand that he's not listening and I might as well save my breath. ;)
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself? Zesty!
33) Do you believe in/appreciate romance? Yes, but not when it comes to literature.
34) Favourite and least favourite food? God, I love food. It's hard to pick just one thing. Squid? Clams? Cheese? Beef fajitas? Mangoes? Cherry tomatoes from the farmer's market? I have no idea. Least favorite food would be stinky tofu. That shit be nasty, yo.
35) Do you believe in God? Not really. I'm agnostic about these sorts of things. Not really interested in religion as applied to my life, although I do think it's interesting from an academic sort of angle.
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you? Sure. :)
In other news, there is no rest for the weary. In addition to the usual interrupted sleep because of Meghan (two or three times a night, which isn't TERRIBLE, but...dude, I haven't slept more than a five-hour stretch for well over a year, and most of the time I'm lucky to see even five hours in a row :( ), I lost even more sleep last night because my husband had some bizarre vertigo attack thing. He had gone to sleep a little bit before me, and when I was ready to turn in at midnight, he woke up and was acting all weird and restless. He said the room was spinning and his eyes felt like they were shifting back and forth (nystagmus). He wasn't himself at all, and it was freaking me the hell out. I thought he was going to have a heart attack or pass out or something. Then he got really nauseous, and we were on the verge of going to the hospital (no easy feat when you have an infant, as well as a dog and a cat, to worry about) when he threw up (in the toilet, at least), and then he felt a lot better. Now he seems to be fine, and this isn't something entirely new; several years ago, he had this inner-ear virus thing that had similar symptoms. But anyway, I didn't go to bed until after 2, and then Meghan woke up at 6:45, and we didn't get to sleep in, because we had people coming over our house in the morning. So yeah. Tired. And yet I'm still up. And going to try to RP a little before turning in.
In other other news, Meghan is THIIIIIIIIIIIIS close to crawling!
EEEEEP! TIME TO BABYPROOF! I didn't think I'd have a crawler at just six months old!
ETA: Meghan does not have a unibrow, even though the second picture sort of makes it look like she does! XD